Volunteering at CMHA
CMHA (Vancouver-Burnaby) is a volunteer-driven organization that depends on volunteers to help us to develop our vision of mental wellness and provide services to those in need. Annually, over 350 volunteers contribute almost 4000 hours of community service. At conservative rates, this adds over $150,000 of additional staffing to both CMHA and the wider community.
Studies show that regular volunteer activity can have a positive effect on mental and physical health. Volunteering with CMHA provides the opportunity to build skills, learn more about mental health and meet new people, while helping build a more caring community. Volunteering at CMHA is a wonderful way to help decrease the stigma associated with mental illness. By raising awareness, volunteers are actively promoting acceptance towards all mental health issues.
Other Benefits of Volunteering
- Meet new people
- Build self-esteem and confidence
- Develop a new skill or build on existing ones
- Personal Growth/Personal Empowerment
- Make a difference! Give back to your community
- Shoppers Drug Mart Ride Don't Hide - Our annual bike ride supporting mental health awareness and programming/services. June 21st 2015
- Wrapping Up Hope Campaign - Volunteers have fun wrapping gifts as a fundraiser to raise money to support CMHA programs and services. December 2015
- Mental Health Voices - Annual fundraising event honoring public figures who have made a contribution to mental health awareness. October 2015
- BMO Vancouver Marathon - Join us as we help out at the annual Bank of Montreal Marathon. May 3rd 2015
Health Fair Managers
Attend health fairs and help promote mental wellness by distributing information and educating the public about mental health issues. Health Fairs are a great way to interact with people and let people know about CMHA.
How to Apply
Online Application Form
To apply, please send your completed application and resume to: